top of page
Sleep Apnea Treatment in Brampton
Sleep apnea is a sleep disorder whereby breathing repeatedly stops and starts. You may have sleep apnea if you snore loudly and you feel tired even after a full night's sleep.
There are two main types of sleep apnea:
- Obstructive sleep apnea: the more common form that occurs when throat muscles relax
- Central sleep apnea: this occurs when your brain doesn't send proper signals to the muscles that control breathing
Symptoms of sleep apnea can include:
- Excessive sleepiness throughout the day (hypersomnia)
- Loud snoring
- Episodes of breathing cessation during sleep witnessed by another person
- Waking up abruptly and experiencing shortness of breath
- Waking up with a sore throat or dry mouth
- Headaches in the morning
- Insomnia and other sleep problems
Dr. Young Pak and Associates can help by providing solutions to improve conditions and reduce snoring, teeth grinding (bruxism) and sleep apnea. Ask us how!
bottom of page