Sleep Apnea Treatment in Brampton
Sleep apnea is a sleep disorder whereby breathing repeatedly stops and starts. You may have sleep apnea if you snore loudly and you feel tired even after a full night's sleep.
There are two main types of sleep apnea:
- Obstructive sleep apnea: the more common form that occurs when throat muscles relax
- Central sleep apnea: this occurs when your brain doesn't send proper signals to the muscles that control breathing
Symptoms of sleep apnea can include:
- Excessive sleepiness throughout the day (hypersomnia)
- Loud snoring
- Episodes of breathing cessation during sleep witnessed by another person
- Waking up abruptly and experiencing shortness of breath
- Waking up with a sore throat or dry mouth
- Headaches in the morning
- Insomnia and other sleep problems
Dr. Young Pak and Associates can help by providing solutions to improve conditions and reduce snoring, teeth grinding (bruxism) and sleep apnea. Ask us how!